Activity Ideas When Stuck at Home
All of us at Uplink Studios are also parents and trying to keep ourselves and our children safe. At the same time, we are trying to find creative things to do to fill the time. We thought we would share a few things we’ve found and some of the fiun things we are doing with our Uplink players to keep them connected and keep their minds off the COVID-19 news.
JOIN US for a virtual Scavenger Hunt! Head over to our Instagram for a new clue daily!
- Hogwart’s Virtual Escape Room –This escape experience was created by Sydney Krawiec, Youth Services Librarian at Peters Township Public Library in McMurray, PA. www.ptlibrary.org
- Mini-Volcanoes! – Make some mini-volcanoes and learn a little chemistry at the same time!
- BioDiversity Bingo – Get the kids outside looking for interestign finds in your own yard. Created by GrassRoots Ecology
- Scratch! – MIT has a great resource for kids to create games, stories and animations to share. Check out Scratch!
- Cards Against Humanity (Family Edition) – The crew that brought us the totally worng game Cards Against Humanity has released a FREE Family Edition game for families and children aged 8 and up. You can download and print the cards, though cutting them all is not that much fun!
We will be adding more as we find them! Feel free to send us ideas as well!